The Central Sector Scheme award is a project of the Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It is a merit-plus-means award that is centrally sponsored. Students who are having trouble paying for their preferred higher education might get financial aid through the CSS Scholarship. A total of 82,000 graduates and postgraduates receive it. 50% of the seats from the overall pool of applications will go to female candidates, while 50% will go to male candidates. For the first three years of graduation, CSS Scholarship awards INR 10,000 annually. For the fourth and fifth years, while pursuing postgraduate study, INR 20,000 will be given. Do you need to know when to apply for the 2020 CSS Scholarship? View this.
The following are the key facts and distinguishing characteristics of the Central Sector Scheme or CSS Scholarship 2020:
|Name of the Scholarship||Central Sector Scheme|
|Offering Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Courses Applicable||UG and PG Courses|
|Last Date for Registration||31st October 2020|
|Award for UG Applicants||INR 10,000 every year|
|Award for PG Applicants||INR 10,000 every year|
The Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2020 application period is currently open, and the deadline to apply is October 31, 2020!
The MHRD seeks to empower deserving impoverished students through the Central Sector Scheme or CSS Scholarship by offering them grants that would allow them to manage their daily costs while pursuing higher education in the sector of their choice.
Here are the major eligibility requirements for the Central Sector Scheme or CSS Scholarship 2020!
- Applicants must have secured 80th percentile or above in class 12th examinations from a reputed board
- The candidate shall pursue a regular full-time course from academic institutions recognised by the All India Council of technical education, UGC Act 1956, dental Council of India, Medical Council of India, or any other respective regulatory authority
- It is mandatory for the candidate not to be associated with any other scholarship or fee waiver program
- Those who are pursuing diploma or certificate courses are not eligible for the CSS Scholarship
Read Our Blog: FFE Scholarship
CSS Scholarship: Reservation Scheme
The CSS scholarship program allows various relaxations to the nation’s protected categories while maintaining the scheme’s principal goal of providing financial assistance to the economically disadvantaged households. All candidates who fall under the Central Reservation Policy, i.e., those from weaker socioeconomic groups, racial or ethnic minorities, are eligible to apply for these accommodations:
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribes: 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes: 27%
- Physically Handicapped/ Person with Disabilities: 5%
CSS Scholarship: Important Documents
You will require a few papers, including academic transcripts, to complete your application procedure, and these must be uploaded to the web form. The following are the records you need to have on hand for the CSS scholarship:
- Aadhar card number
- Original mark sheet of class 12th
- Passbook of the bank account under the applicant’s name to fill up the bank details
- Income certificate of the family
- If applicable, a caste certificate
- If applicable, a disability certificate
Read our Blog: National Scholarship Exam
The results of the senior secondary examination serve as the primary criterion for selecting candidates for the CSS scholarship. Accordingly, 41,000 male students and 41,000 female students will each get 82,000 new scholarships. Candidates are able to pursue degrees in areas like engineering, medicine, and other fields with the aid of these prizes.
The entire number of scholarships will be split among the State Education Board based on its population that is between the ages of 18 and 25 after dividing it among the CBSE and ICSE boards according to the number of students who graduate from them in the nation. The state board’s share of the CSS scholarship is further divided into the streams in a 3:2:1 ratio for the streams such as Science, Commerce and Humanities. The scholarships for the state board are subject to change in case of shortfall of applicants.